Open Position: Sales Associate
Are you passionate about art and providing exceptional customer service? Tanner Trading, a leading Native American Art retailer in Park City, UT, is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Sales Associate.
As a Sales Associate at Tanner Trading, you will have the opportunity to engage with customers, assist them in finding the perfect heirlooms and products, and contribute to their overall shopping experience. Your responsibilities will include providing product knowledge, offering recommendations, processing sales transactions, and maintaining a clean and organized store environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a strong customer focus, and a genuine interest in art (specifically southwest art) such as jewelry, rugs, apparel, etc. Previous retail experience is preferred, but not required. We value individuals who are proactive, dependable, and eager to learn.
At Tanner Trading, we believe in fostering a positive work environment that encourages personal and professional growth. We provide comprehensive training and support to help you succeed in your role. Additionally, we offer competitive compensation and employee discounts.
If you're ready to join a dynamic team and be part of an exciting retail experience in the heart of Park City, we invite you to apply for the Sales Associate position at Tanner Trading.
Submit your resume, along with a brief cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you're interested in working with us to: email@example.com
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Job responsibilities include:
• Greet and wait on all customers who enter the store.
• Engage customers, ask probing questions, give intriguing demonstrations, add-on merchandise to sales, and successfully close sales.
• Know and share information about the store and any current promotions/events.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of product knowledge, as well as trends and developments within our industry.
• Proficient in verbal and written English language
• Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
• Telephone etiquette
• Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
• Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
• Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for several hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
• Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service
• Operate a standard point of sale system.
• Keep store area re-stocked, sized, neat, and clean.
• Attend mandatory store meetings.
• Assume other responsibilities as asked by the store sales managers.
Qualifications & Proficiencies
• Customer centric.
• Flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to climb a flight of stairs on a regular basis
• Ability to retrieve hat boxes and boot boxes from high shelves.
• Ability to perform typical household duties such as, but not limited to dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and cleaning.
• Good Organization Skills
• Basic Math
• Attention to Detail
• Time Management
• Team Player
• Good Written and Verbal Communication
• Interpersonal Skills
• Able to Problem Solve
• Must be 18 years of age.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time,
Salary: From $20+ an hour depending on expiriance
• Employee discount
• Flexible schedule
• Retirement plan
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)